I can’t believe that we’ve already been living in Costa Rica for six months. We are halfway through our one-year abroad and have already experienced so much and yet, have many more things to check off our Costa Rica Wanderlist. Life definitely looks different for us these days since moving here and adapting to the Pura Vida lifestyle. You can read about how living in Costa Rica has changed our lifestyle here.
Since our last update on life in Costa Rica, we’ve experienced even more corners of Costa Rica, welcomed several visitors, explored more of our city, met many sea turtles and made new friends (both, the animal and human kind). It’s been a busy couple of months and it has made time go by all too fast.
Highlights from months 4-6
- Having lots of visitors that we got to show around Costa Rica (yay for friends and family!)
- Making more social connections in San José (yay for new friends!)
- Watching sea turtle laying eggs and the baby turtles hatching (a must if you are visiting Costa Rica)
- Soaking in the famous hot springs of La Fortuna (heavenly!)
- Seeing dolphins swim beside our catamaran in Manuel Antonio (fun fact: Flipper made me want to become a Marine biologist – this experience awoke that dream)
- Halloween in San Jose (handing out candy for the first time ever!)
- Jack Johnson concert in Costa Rica (a dream come true!)
Lowlights from Months 4-6
- Getting attacked by army ants on a coffee farm (ouch!)
- Getting stuck in San José traffic for 3 hours…on more than one occasion
- (Almost) getting seasick on a catamaran tour that was more of a coast guard (a story for another day)
- Getting a rash burn during a ziplining mishap (also, ouch!)